Communal Brands is an importer & distributor of wines that fly off shelves. Our selection of classic wines for modern people expertly blend old world charm with new world personality and spunk.
Great wine from passionate, family producers is our baseline.
From Constant Dream to Reality
Communal Brands is the brainchild of Melissa Saunders. The communal concept was born from Melissa’s passions:
• For gathering at the table with friends
• For wine – which began while living abroad in Italy in the 90’s
• For business – a legal background and an entrepreneurial spirit
A friend designed our first wine label on a whim and as an ode to Melissa because she is detail obsessed and constantly has wine on the mind.
Melissa’s Kiwi husband provided the ties to the New Zealand wine industry.
She took the leap, shipped our first container of Otto’s Constant Dream and the rest is hard work and history.
• We ensure our brands have a point of view, stand out & fly off shelves
• We collaborate with our wine makers to create labels that match the spirit of what’s inside the bottle
• We have a process that guarantees the best quality to price ratio on the market (think: Pet Nat for ten dollars a bottle)
• We only work with vineyards where our kids can play (really) – we strive for organic & biodynamic practices, no pesticides, hand harvests, minimal cellar intervention
A Lasting Finish
• We are a knowledgeable and passionate team, from sales to logistics and back
• We value relationships & good communication
• We are reliable and operate with a high level of integrity
We do everything to offer the highest possible level of service to ensure the wines you purchase from us fly off your shelves.
In short, we make things easier for you.